Friday, April 27, 2012

Any news on the CAF mode yet?

I was wondering. I haven't been here since I found out you can't import CAF's to your career, it sadden me with this news.|||


I was wondering. I haven't been here since I found out you can't import CAF's to your career, it sadden me with this news.

Some good, some bad.
Good:
Its been confirmed that the CAF's have pretty much the same points as a fighter that's completed career.
Bad:
With the exception of jabs (which can be dependent on stance, so either a pawing or snapping jab), all other moves are identical excluding special moves.
CAF choices are very limited, 25 hair styles, 20 of which are the exact same, limited body choices, no sliders or adjustable values, etc.
A lot of angry folks on the forums now.|||Since Poetic is a respected community member here, I'll give you a brief summary of our reactions here.
For the most part, we are all disappointed by the lack of depth in CAF mode. It's about generic as can be and offers almost zero customization. All in all, it sucks. That's about all there is to it.
Hans summed it up pretty nicely.|||EA dropped the ball with the CAF mode options. I'm super disappointed that everything is so limited. It was known that CAF mode was very important for this game but the designers didnt seem to think so.|||Man, I'm upset because EA doesn't realize how huge the Creation Community is. I'm going to go all in on my next podcast. I think I'm going to wait to after a week with a Gamefly rental.|||


EA dropped the ball with the CAF mode options. I'm super disappointed that everything is so limited. It was known that CAF mode was very important for this game but the designers didnt seem to think so.

It's weird. They'll throw in an uncommon name like "Overstreet" or "Kwijibu" but they half-a$$ the rest of CAF? I just don't get it how the requirements could be written so wrong for such a critical part of the game.|||




EA dropped the ball with the CAF mode options. I'm super disappointed that everything is so limited. It was known that CAF mode was very important for this game but the designers didnt seem to think so.

It's weird. They'll throw in an uncommon name like "Overstreet" or "Kwijibu" but they half-a$$ the rest of CAF? I just don't get it how the requirements could be written so wrong for such a critical part of the game.

Ya they did a great job with names, I am very impressed with that. I just don't know why they wouldn't put the same detail into the looks of the fighters. I mean there is no point in creating a guy with the correct name, if they look nothing like him.
I am still going to get the game, but it went from a must buy to comparing it to other games, to see which one I should get.|||


It's weird. They'll throw in an uncommon name like "Overstreet" or "Kwijibu" but they half-a$$ the rest of CAF? I just don't get it how the requirements could be written so wrong for such a critical part of the game.

Rocky is the audio guy & hes mentioned many times how hes a fan of video games just like all of us. So he wants to put effort into his work. So theres several names available to choose from that we all requested.
Now I have no Idea who designs the CAF modes but its definitely cant be someone like Rocky. Its probably a lazy team that doesnt listen to community as much as they could.|||



I am still going to get the game, but it went from a must buy to comparing it to other games, to see which one I should get.

You're not the only one...
I went from saying I was going to wait a week for reviews and community impressions, to saying it was a must-buy on launch and now back to wanting to wait.
|||I heard you can't even manually input your CAF's name. As in, you're forced to select the pre-recorded names. This is the biggest FAIL ever. SMH EA. You scared of getting sued by the UFC, or what? This totally limits the CAF even more, even if you do have 500 pre-recorded names and 100+ nicknames. I have a very unique first and last name. My CAF won't even have my name. WACK|||


I heard you can't even manually input your CAF's name. As in, you're forced to select the pre-recorded names. This is the biggest FAIL ever. SMH EA. You scared of getting sued by the UFC, or what? This totally limits the CAF even more, even if you do have 500 pre-recorded names and 100+ nicknames. I have a very unique first and last name. My CAF won't even have my name. WACK

you can add your own name|||dude read sum threads theres tons of videos from lancimuspitt
- http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c293/mrsmiley123/?action=view¤t=004.mp4
- http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=dqknm1&s=7
- http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c293/mrsmiley123/?action=view¤t=006.mp4
try reading before you post bud.|||sucks again my first name isn't in the game|||Whoops, sorry take that back about the no "custom names". That's Sherdog for you. :)|||I´m also disappointed. They base Fighter Share on the CAF Mode. And Live Broadcast will probably feature created fighters most of the time aswell. It kinda blows that the customization options are so limited. I really was expecting they had a real good CAF mode under their sleeves.
I dont even see myself downloading created fighters. Whats the point. They wont resemble the fighters much anyway. The only good thing about it is that many of them will be announced by their real name. Other than that, I dont know.

No comments:

Post a Comment