Friday, April 20, 2012

Some pointers, please.






This is a replay of a fight against a guy using CC. I'm using TSC. Apologies in advance for the pretty poor quality, I used my phone to record it lol.
This is pretty much aimed at all of the people who claim that hook spamming isn't a problem, as I'm assuming they know exactly what to do in this situation. As it is, I'd like you to tell me what I did wrong. I tried to parry, I moved out of the way, I ducked, I swayed, and I tried to punch back. My ground game as you can see leaves something to be desired lol, although at one point the game wouldn't seem to let me parry or move, just punch him in the face and lie there taking knees :) Not sure what was up with that, but it didn't end too badly down there.
Thanks if you have the patience to watch it, this isn't me just having another dig at CC, I genuinely would appreciate some help lol.
EDIT: Might want to skip the first minute of the vid, just loading time lol, should probably have cut that bit :)|||No comment?|||You aren't creating any angles, you are just moving back and moving back and staying right in the pocket. You need to move off to the sides. Throw a nice kick to the body when he flys in from long range with that hook. And for the love of god conserve your stamina man.
And when you notice someone like that who flys in everytime they are hurt as soon as you see there head meter show up tap the sprawl button. I don't know how many wins I have gotten from doing that because they fly in for the shot, get tagged with a knee and rocked and i can either flying knee or power hook the guy once and they take a nap.
You have your strikes timed pretty well though, you tagged him quite a few times, and he missed alot of punches....Just keep practicing and work the body a bit more. If you nail him with a good body shot that rocks him he'll stop diving in with those shots as often.|||Try not setting up your right hook spam combos with a lead head kick.
you asked|||Thanks man, I don't really notice it when I'm doing it lol, it seems natural to retreat a bit :) Aiming for the body normally results in me getting caught with the hooks, which is why I generally stopped doing that and started just working with jabs and straights instead lol. I'll try work in a few more body kicks though, and try and start my combos other than with a head kick :)

No comments:

Post a Comment