Thursday, April 26, 2012

Please include Women's MMA! EA Sports MMA would sell much better!

It would be one of the unique features no other modern realistic MMA game offers!
If it's too late to include in this game, but in a sequel, Women's MMA added alongside Men's MMA would
really make this promising franchise much better!
I love watching women's MMA as much as men's MMA. It's just painful to see all those MMA videogames completely lacking any Women's MMA in their gameplay. EA Sports could provide Women's MMA through character creation,
if they don't add any real female MMA fighters in the roster (like Cristiane Santos, Kim Couture, Sarah Kaufman, Kerry Vera, Shayna Baszler, Marloes Coenen, Gina Carano, Takayo Hashi) but since Strikeforce is onboard this project anyway, it's even harder to believe this game might ship without women's MMA.
EA Sports can really cash in on more interest and sales and stand out even more than it's competition (UFC) with Women's MMA included in this game. I am positive this game will be successful even without it, but why not aim to be even more successful offering double the MMA goodness? It helps if this game supports both forms of MMA. :)
|||Working on that :). http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/372968.page|||


Working on that :). http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/372968.page
I do hope that this thread does not get locked. Nobody really uses the petition thread as a place to discuss the advantages of having WMMA in EA MMA anyways. Please keep this thread open too. This thread could be used as a discussion on adding women fighters in EA. People just "vote yes" in the petition, and don't really discuss any topics.
With that being said, allow me to keep the ball rolling.

I believe that EA MMA could add at least one women's weight division. While it would be nice to have multiple weight classes. If at least one women's weight class got the focus, I would be happy. My opinion is that if it was only one women's weight class, the 145 pound division has the most fan base with fighters like Gina Carano & Cris Cyborg.
Now for my wish list:
1. Gina Carano (145 pounder: Ranked in the top 10)
2. Cris Cyborg (145 Pound Strikforce Champion & ranked in the top 10)
3. Marloes Coenen (145 pounder: Ranked in the top 10)
4. Erin Toughill (145 pounder: Ranked in the top 10)
5. Roxanne Modifarri (135 pound division fighter, but also fights at 145 pounds: Also ranked in 135 pound top 10)
6. Shayna Baszler (135 pound division fighter, but also fights at 145 pounds: Also ranked in 135 pound top 10)
(Shayna Baszler also has top heavy weight Josh Barnett in her corner for fights. He is her chief trainer.)
I've got 6 well known around the world fighters (also they've all fought for Strikeforce recently, except Toughill is making her debut as Cyborg's next challenger this summer.) on this list. That is a good start for EA. Just sign these 6 fighters, plus 2 more, then they got at least 8. With 8, they got enough. 8 will allow for women tournaments, & grand prix.|||They could pretty much sign any fighter they want. I cant think of anyone out there that wouldnt want to be in the game. And having to wait till 2012 would be lame, thats a little too far off.
I dont think I would want to be able to use soccerkicks in that division though, thats a little too much for me. They should probably disable that for the women's division. :)|||


They could pretty much sign any fighter they want. I cant think of anyone out there that wouldnt want to be in the game. And having to wait till 2012 would be lame, thats a little too far off.
I dont think I would want to be able to use soccerkicks in that division though, thats a little too much for me. They should probably disable that for the women's division. :)
I've seen women soccer kick in fights. The rules should be the same for both men & women. I don't think the game would do that anyway though.

Another idea:
If EA MMA just put Cyborg & Carano in the game upon its release, then added about 6 others via DLC, that would be fine by me. Just so long as their in, I'd be happy. Maybe they could even let the fans vote on which fighters they want added for DLC. Heck EA could even let fans vote on who they want in the game for the actual release too.
If they want to grow & support the sport of MMA & Strikeforce as their partner, they can't leave out Women's MMA - WMMA.|||They should make it DLC but I'm sure it wouldn't sell too much. And it's not like we really need the division in the final game seeing as it wouldn't get much play.|||It really wouldn't sell 'so much better'.|||Well, I like watching WMMA, its impressive to see these girls put as much heart & skill into it as the men. However, I know this'll sound f'd-up, but to be honest... The only time me & my friends would play as women in a game is if we could have them fight in skimpy or ring-girl type attire, & all the "right" body-parts moved in the right way, just for the fun of it, lol.
So nah, I also dont think it would really sell "so much better" either.|||Stop makeing women forms there's like 30 of them|||


Stop makeing women forms there's like 30 of them

I only made one, and I don't have time to read all these pages.|||to be honest i would love very much to see women devison, not only in mma but in games like nba live and fifa, and if it would be posiblle to play carrer as a girl that would be supper sweet i'd like it a lot|||I know I'll get bashed for saying this but I can't stand watching womens MMA. The big problem I have with womens MMA is that their skill level when compared to their male counterpart is lower mid teir to high lower tier. Whenever I watch womens MMA it feels like I'm watching amatuer fights at a local show.
Hopefully we'll see womens MMA at the same level as the mens division in the future, but I'm not convinced, kinda like the WNBA haha.|||


I know I'll get bashed for saying this but I can't stand watching womens MMA. The big problem I have with womens MMA is that their skill level when compared to their male counterpart is lower mid teir to high lower tier. Whenever I watch womens MMA it feels like I'm watching amatuer fights at a local show.
Hopefully we'll see womens MMA at the same level as the mens division in the future, but I'm not convinced, kinda like the WNBA haha.

Please give it time.





There is massive potential within the women's MMA. It's still in its infancy compared to men's MMA because no organization has put as much effort into dedicating their resources to make women's MMA bigger and better, compared to all the hard work and hurdles they went through to establish men's MMA as a sport in this region, as well as the world.
There are many female fighters out there we haven't even heard about that could show a greater degree of skill
and aggressive intensity that crowds are thirsty for!
Well Strikeforce has a women's division, so that's a start.
But until more organizations take women's MMA more seriously instead of seeing/treating it as some occassional gimmick, it will take longer for women's MMA to grow, perhaps even longer than it took women's hockey, women's basketball, and even women's wrestling to be commonplace. But some people say women's MMA is slowly but steadily growing, there is plenty of room for expansion.
But EA Sports could help it further and increase awareness that women ARE IN FACT a part of the real MMA sport, by adding some female MMA fighters in this game. It benefits EA sports, it benefits the fans, it would benefit MMA in general, and it wouldn't take anything away from the men's MMA. It would make the game twice as fun and twice as popular.
If they don't take advantage of this opportunity, it wouldn't be as big of an impact if they included them in a probable sequel 2 years from now. It's a lot of work, but at this point, only EA Sports can make this happen.
It will probably be another 5 years before UFC starts exploring the possibility of creating their own women's division. And with no other professional MMA game makers to turn to (besides EA Sports and THQ), fans will be limited to just men's MMA for who knows how long (which is not to say men's MMA isn't exciting. It definitely is,
but women's MMA can be just as great, and they could possibly innovate the sport with their own legendary bouts and techniques.
Look at some things women have done for wrestling:






|||




They could pretty much sign any fighter they want. I cant think of anyone out there that wouldnt want to be in the game. And having to wait till 2012 would be lame, thats a little too far off.
I dont think I would want to be able to use soccerkicks in that division though, thats a little too much for me. They should probably disable that for the women's division. :)
I've seen women soccer kick in fights. The rules should be the same for both men & women. I don't think the game would do that anyway though.

Another idea:
If EA MMA just put Cyborg & Carano in the game upon its release, then added about 6 others via DLC, that would be fine by me. Just so long as their in, I'd be happy. Maybe they could even let the fans vote on which fighters they want added for DLC. Heck EA could even let fans vote on who they want in the game for the actual release too.
If they want to grow & support the sport of MMA & Strikeforce as their partner, they can't leave out Women's MMA - WMMA.
i wouldnt like that very much cuz i would want to play as cyborg but i wouldnt want to hurt gina carano :)|||NOOOOO I dont want woman in the game just like I dont want men in ballet

No comments:

Post a Comment